Join our International Team
Six/seven-month internship in project management at the Foundation for Environmental Education with the Eco-Schools and Young Reporters for the Environment programmes
The Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) is looking for an intern who would like to become part of our team at our headquarters in Copenhagen. We are looking for intern for administration of the project run through two of our educational programmes Eco-Schools and Young Reporters for the Environment (YRE).
We are looking for an intern who has a keen interest in project administration. Interest in education for sustainable development and communication is also important.
The internship period will be tentatively from 2 January until 31 July 2020 (approx. 6-7 months). If possible with some introductory days in December.
Main tasks and responsibilities
1. Project administration
· Support the project manager in administration of the project: overview the project implementation, reports for sponsor, managing agreements with countries - including the financial part, organising meetings, webinars, daily support for project coordinators
· Composing news articles/posts for websites and social media
· Developing PR materials (e.g. infographics, newsletters etc.)
· Participating in meetings in Denmark and abroad
· Organising Jury meeting as part of the annual YRE International Competition
· Managing YRE students’ recruitment and travel to international conferences
· Updating social media accounts, particularly Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
· Website maintenance
· Database management
Terms and conditions
· Unpaid internship for a duration of approximately six-seven months.
· The successful applicant should start ideally in January 2020, if possible with some introductory days in December.
· The successful applicant will be provided with a workspace at FEE Head Office
· The successful applicant will be responsible for securing their own accommodation and arranging their transport between home and FEE Head Office in Sydhavn, Copenhagen 2450. FEE will reimburse travel costs up to a certain limit.
· English is the official language at FEE Head Office and strong proficiency in this is required.
· The successful applicant may have to travel in connection with the position. FEE will bear the cost associated with the travel.
· The successful applicant may be offered the opportunity to take online courses for specific programmes to fulfill tasks e.g. Podio management or Visme.
Required skills and experience
· Excellent written and spoken English
· A precise and organised way of working
· Keen interest in the administration
· Proficient user of Microsoft Office package
· Experience with Adobe tools (InDesign, Illustrator, etc.)
· The capability of working in a team as well as independently
· Comfortable working in a multicultural environment
· Creativity and willingness to learn
· Knowledge of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) and environmental issues
· Fluency in other languages
· Knowledge in maintenance websites and social media
We can offer you
· Experience working on international project
· Good working conditions in a dynamic environment
· Opportunity to get new skills highly valued on the job market
· Experience of work in international team
· Close cooperation and coaching with your manager
· Opportunity to run activities that change positively youth and environment
1. Please send your CV and motivation letter via email by 15 November 2019
to Gosia Luszczek email: email@example.com
Please write in the subject “Application for project management internship”
2. The short-listed applicants will be called for an interview online or in person at the FEE Head Office (the evaluation process will take up to few a weeks, depending on the volume of applications).
3. The successful applicant will be announced by the end of November.
Please free to contact us if you have any questions regarding the position. This call will be closed as soon as we have found a suitable candidate.
Malgorzata (Gosia) Luszczek
International YRE Director
Foundation for Environmental Education - Scandiagade 13, DK-2450 Copenhagen SV, Denmark - Tel. +45 70 22 24 27 (Mon-Thurs 10-15, Fri 10-14)