Join our international Team
There are currently 2 vacancies at the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) related to Young Reporters for the Environment (YRE).
Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) six-month Internship at the Foundation for Environmental Education www.fee.global
The Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) is looking for an intern who would like to work with FEE’s three environmental education programmes Eco-Schools, Learning about Forests (LEAF) and Young Reporters for the Environment (YRE). The internship period is mid-February until the end of July 2018. The main areas of work will be communication and PR as well as administrative tasks related to the dissemination of best practices for the three programmes.
Main tasks and responsibilities
1. Communication and PR
- Development of PR materials for Eco-Schools, LEAF and YRE
- Composing news articles for website and social media
- Development of newsletters
- Social Media maintenance
- Development of communication materials about the programmes’ connections to the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Website maintenance
2. Eco-Schools www.ecoschools.global
- Updates of current materials
- Report on Eco-Schools research
- Support for Eco-Schools’ 25th anniversary celebrations (materials and events)
3. LEAF www.leaf.global
- Development of programme and project materials
- Toolbox content
- Support in the programme evaluation process
4. YRE www.yre.global
- Support for the Project Evaluation Officer
- Support during the YRE annual competition
- Support with conference bookings for YRE students
Terms and conditions
- Unpaid internship for a duration of a minimum of six months in the first half of 2018
- The successful applicant will be provided with a work space at FEE Head Office
- The successful applicant will be responsible for their own accommodation and transport between home and FEE Head Office
- English is the official language at FEE Head Office
- The applicant has to be an EU citizen or has to have a valid EU work permit valid for Denmark before starting the internship
Required skills and experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English (level C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- The applicant should have an academic or professional background in Education for Sustainable Development
- Precise and organised way of working
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office package
- Experience with design programmes such as Adobe software would be an advantage
- Capability of working in a team as well as independently
- Comfortable working in a multicultural environment
1. Please send your CV and motivation letter via email to Nicole Andreou firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please write in the subject “Application for ESD Internship”
2. The short-listed applicants will be called for an interview on Skype or in person at the FEE Head Office (evaluation process will take up to a week, depending on the volume of applications)
3. The successful applicant will be contacted
Please contact us at any time if you have any questions regarding the offer.
The deadline for applications is 21 January 2018.
Foundation for Environmental Education
Scandiagade 13, DK-2450 Copenhagen SV, Denmark
Tel. +45 70 22 24 27 (Mon-Thurs 9-16, Fri 9-14)
Marketing and Communications Officer for the International Head Office
The Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) is looking for a Marketing and Communications Officer to manage our online and offline communication and increase our brand awareness. We offer the opportunity to work in an international organisation with a global reach and a strong hold on the international environmental scene. You will play a major part in implementing the communications and marketing strategy set out for FEE and in doing so involve and influence millions of young people. The FEE International Head Office is located in Copenhagen, Denmark and currently consists of 16 devoted staff members. Our working language is English.
The position is 30 hours per week (with 1:1 flex time) and the initial contractual period will be for three years with the possibility of extension. The position may include travels. You will report to the Administrative Director and the CEO of FEE.
FEE is a global organisation in the field of environmental education. With its five hallmark programmes, Blue Flag, Green Key, Eco-Schools, Learning about Forests and Young Reporters for the Environment, FEE reaches hundreds of millions of people in our more than 70 member countries across the world. Working tirelessly to promote education for sustainable development and making a positive impact through all of its programmes, FEE aims to create positive change on a global scale and our programmes represent the absolute cutting edge in sustainable education. FEE believes in the power of change and that the best gift we can give to future generations is a world of educated and environmentally conscious people equipped with a sustainable attitude.
As our Marketing and Communications Officer, you will be in charge of strengthening FEE‘s marketing and communication in accordance with the strategy set out for FEE. Your main task will be to create and implement a concrete action plan for the communication and branding of FEE in order to disseminate our message and draw attention to our organisation and our achievements at the highest level. Ultimately, you will act as our brand’s voice.
The main functions of the Marketing and Communications Officer will be to:
- Strengthen and align FEE's communications by helping to create marketing materials and facilitating both internal and external communications.
- Promote the FEE name and the FEE brand.
- Create clear communication guidelines for the Head Office and for FEE's members.
- Create meaningful content in line with the FEE business goals.
- Understand and align the FEE communication needs with the members, partners and users' needs through purposeful content.
- Manage the publications and marketing reports
- Assist the Head Office in creating promotional materials like brochures, press releases, emails, and other media outreach programmes.
- Create a strategy to promote and communicate our Global Forest Fund.
As our Marketing and Communications Officer you must have excellent English skills with a great understanding of the language and its proper use in order to create meaningful, targeted messages. You must be an apt writer transforming the FEE work and achievements into motivating, relevant stories. As our Marketing and Communications Officer, you must have a strong knowledge of PR and branding in order to grasp the importance of exposing, selling and elevating the FEE brand. Preferably, you come from a commercial background, have an analytical mind-set and a great understanding of how international organisations operate. The Marketing and Communications Officer must have a thorough understanding of the social media platforms, SEO and Google Analytics.
Please send your application to:
Rikke Florager, FEE Administrative Director, at email@example.com. Deadline for receiving your application is 31 January 2018.
For further information about the position, contact Rikke Florager by email firstname.lastname@example.org by phone 70 22 24 27 or 61248078 (direct).
Read more of our work and our programmes at www.fee.global